Tuesday, May 17, 2011

time. there is never enough of it.


As we get older days, weeks, months, semesters and years all start to fly by in a blur. It was only a month ago that I graduated from high school right? Wrong.. very wrong indeed. Close to a year ago I left the high school scene and was thrown into the world of the Zoobie. Then I think about it and whoa my freshman year is over too. Where does the time go? Then I start to think about this dilemma I have going on, ya know time flying by too fast, and I realize I’m the one making it happen. My eyes are always set on some distant time or place that I can’t wait to arrive at. In high school I longed to be on the BYU campus. At BYU I couldn’t wait to be home, done with school, working as a nanny. And now as a Nanny I look forward to the weekends, Lake Powell and a fabulous trip to New York. There is really no one to blame but myself. So from now on I pledge to find joy in the small, and slightly entertaining things that make my day a day, laughing all the while. Here are a few of those moments I think you might enjoy as well
·      Having the fire alarm go off 3 times in one day in a failed attempt to make muffins.
·      Taking in the scene of you and a 3 year old  opening every door and window and running around the house waving oven mitts trying to air the house out.
·      Listening to a disgusted 9-year-old whine about Adam and Eve’s nudity in the Garden of Eden.
·      Kissing scrapes, cuts and skimmed knees better, only after applying a good dosage of Neosporin and a band aid.
·      Reading a Scooby-doo magazine EVERYTIME you go to the library.
·      Making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without the peanut butter.
·      Having hundreds of strangers stare at you wondering if you were ’16 & pregnant’.
·      Hearing the 7 year old wisely teach the 3 year old that “duh girls don’t fart. I learned that in school.”
·      Watching 3 boys dip there head in a bucket of water, then run around the house like maniacs with their shirts off.
·      Holding a sobbing child while he explains that “a bee that stings you” flew by him.
·      Hearing “whoa do that again” everytime I have to move the seat up to reach the peddles of my new swagga wagon (mini van).
These are just a few of the funny and downright hilarious things I hear everyday. Yes, these children can be infuriating at times but I love them to pieces and from here on out I’m going to not get caught up in the future, but try to enjoy the present :)
p.s. glee... you did it again. listen to this song and if you don't LOVE it... there must be something wrong with you.

2 comments:

  1. It only get's worse!

    I'm starting my senior year at BYU this fall. It's crazy. All my friends are returning from missions and close girlfriends are leaving on missions. Full circle. You will have so much fun in NYC. It's life-changing. really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously. it is crazy how fast life goes by!? i mean i'm in college? really?

    ReplyDelete