Thursday, April 21, 2011

goodbye dormy, hello home.

Drum roll please…… I would like to let you all know that I survived my freshman year. It started out a bit rough, but it got better each and every day. I loved college and I love BYU even more now. Go cougs. I am currently sitting at home, unpacked and its so weird. Moving home puts a bittersweet taste in my mouth. I am so excited for summer so I can have a break from the loads of homework I conquered this year, but there are so many things about college that I am going to miss. I will miss the BYU 153rd ward. Just like my Bishop told us… we by far had the best ward. All of the guys were crack ups and I will miss them lots.. they are such great boys. See ya in two. And the girls. Oh the girls. Both the 1100 and 1200 hall girls I will definitely miss the talks, the pranks, the tears, the lessons, the eating, and just them. All of you girls are amazing. Not kidding and I can’t wait to see ya on campus in the fall. I’m for sure going to miss our huge, memory phone, heaven BGB (big girl bed… thanks for the name em crowd.) That bed was the greatest. Lastly, as weird or as cheesy as this may sound, considering she’s 30 minutes away in provo, I am going to miss having a roomie. i’ll miss the deep talks, the dancing parties, jamming to music, random rounds of catch phrase, the constant laughing no matter what time of day, the long hours of our pal Norm... I’ll miss always blurting out my random dumb thoughts and yet you’d listen. What a trooper. Thanks for putting up with me megadump. You are a gem.



But…. As sentimental as that sounded, it may have convinced you that I miss it more than I love being home… wrongo. I am so excited to be home and to be living the life back in D-town (draper)… ya know. Here is a list of the things I plan to accomplish this summer. Strictly for your enjoyment.
• Enjoy every second of my nanny job.
• Get some sun on this pasty white skin.
• Write letters to my darling missionaries on the reg.
• Get up on a slalom ski.
• Barefoot with my Patcha.
• Learn more Jon Schmidt songs on the piano.
• Blog more
• Write in my journal, for the sake of my posterity.
• Go to the library once a week.. and check out books I’ve never read before.
• Jump on my tramp at least 3 times a week.
• Star gaze as much as possible.
• Eat snow cones at every change I get.
• Become an avid cyclist so I can keep up with my parentals.
• Visit Sista Friend and Michael in New York.
• Walk barefoot when permitted.
• Make myself a jean quilt.
• Bask in the sunlight that shines over Lake Powell… so excited :)
• Take pictures all the time of everything.
• Have deep talks with all of my best friends.
• Visit the rope swing in Mona, the rope swing by the mouth of the canyon, and sliding rock.
• Go to the beautiful Draper Temple at least once a week.
• Learn to eat, cook and love healthy foods.
• Run on the porter Rockwell trail often.
• Ride my bike to Jamba Juice with the sisterhood, for old times sake.
• Dress up and go to the midnight showing of Harry Potter 7 Part 2 with people who love Harry Potter as much as I do.
• Go boating with the family all the time.
• Eat ice cream cones sometimes… to keep me sane and healthy.
• Learn how to French braid my own hair.

3 comments: